Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Too Bad... ... So Sad

.


Oh Drat!  I'm a little sad to have this glass break.  We received a set of eight of these adorable glasses (each one is different) as a wedding gift from my mother-in-law's neighbor who had them wrapped up for decades.  I don't know how old they are but I like them quite a lot.  I understand why people never use their favorite things, in order to preserve and protect those things, but in another way it is also sad to have favorite things that never see the light of day.  All in all they are just things and it makes me happy to use them... and I do try to be careful with them.  Oh well... no more blue bells.

Our set of eight is now a set of six.  This one broke while I was washing it and the first one was bitten to death by a child a couple of Thanksgivings ago (thankfully the child was not injured).  I had misgiving about a youngster using one of the glasses I like so well, true, but I did not want to offend the parents, and the child did seem to be very mellow.  It wasn't done on purpose... and I have never heard of such a thing so I didn't think to ask if they were a biter.  Everyone was surprised by that one.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

I am glad that you used them. I do the same thing, "saving" things because they have value to me. What good is it in the closet for the next 35 years?