Saturday, March 13, 2010

cicles



I was lucky and these icicles decided to be photographed well. These were hanging over our back porch. That is before I knocked them down-- icicles can be dangerous. This year I had one fall and hit my hand. The tip embedded into my mitten. It didn't hurt very much but it helped me gain a healthy respect.




This shot shows how the sky gets here at night sometimes. A weird dusty rosey sometimes kind of purpley color. It's pretty striking actually. I guess this is what they mean by light pollution.





As a California kid I still geek out about how neat they are. Amazing. You'd think I'd get over it by now... I hope I never do.

4 comments:

Ruth said...

I love seeing all your projects and handiwork. Your plants make me feel guilty that I have yet to buy seeds this year!
I second you on the icicles, Madelyn is fascinated but I am not too keen on her playing with them.

Charlene said...

those are gorgeous pix but brrrrrr. Today here it will be near 70. Doors and windows open to let the sun shine in.

Andrea Michelle said...

hehe you said geek out! I use that too :o) those icicles are beautiful! :o) try bouncing some various colored led lights off them :o) makes for even more fun :o)

Kristen said...

Andrea, I love your use of four smilies in one comment-- love you!