Monday, June 30, 2008

Me? Impulsive?

It was Tuesday, last Tuesday, almost a week ago. I had just finished puppeteering in a video shoot (for a really cute show about keeping rivers clean-- I'll let you know when I find out the name-- for the California Department of Fish and Game) and I was really really missing my beau. Not just the sad but glad I have someone to miss, no, this was the sad with no redeeming qualities what-so-ever and this wasn't the first day I was feeling this way.

So that evening I'm partaking in the nightly conversation with my beau and he gives me the good news that he had booked his flight to California and it arrives a couple days sooner than I had expected-- this pleases me very much. He goes on to tell that he found a good deal as well-- also good-- and that he was using a popular website to find it but a different website than I usually do so I hopped online and went airfare shopping and landed a $362 round-trip ticket (after all the taxes) and after much deliberation we decided that I should go see my honey! Yippee!

(as a side note: On the SouthWest Airlines website you can find flights
after the summer from Sacramento to Detroit for $85 one way-- yeah, I know, awesome-- I luv SouthWest and not just because that's how I found the fella who's gonna be my husband... although that certainly helps!)

So that was Tuesday. My plane left for Michigan on Friday and here I will be until July 4th (the only noticeable holiday the he and I have been consistently able to spend together. The travel was alright (I had a flight attendant that I swear smelled of maple syrup and I got a little woosie from reading during the landing-- then unfortunately was woosie periodically for the rest of the day) and it was so nice to get to see my beau! I just couldn't stand it.

We made several stops on the way to the house which was fun but it was also nice to finally get to see the place. It will serve us very well I think but I think one of the best things about it is that it backs up to a wooded area with a trail that wraps around a pond (not one of those manicured kind... the kind with fallen logs, algae, and bull frogs) and leads to a park. We walked the trail yesterday and it was great. we had to be careful, the baby toads were out and crossing the trail. They were itty bitty bitty about the size of a sunflower seed and, if they were to hold still, two could perch side by side on my thumbnail. I couldn't believe the cuteness! Even the beau hadn't seen ones quite that small... and he's seen a lot of frogs, I dare say he's seen more than the average person. Walking is something we like to do together so I think we'll make good use of this trail... and there has been talk of getting cross-country skis so we can use it in the winter too-- we'll have to see about that though.

When we got to the park, without any known froggie casualties, we sat on a bench together for a small while and as I sat there holding his hand I realized that with him beside me growing old is not a scary thing at all.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

rKristen! I'm reading and glad to hear things are going well. I'm also glad you got to see Dennis. It must be really hard being apart for so long. But soon you'll be a married old lady, like me! :)

Kristen said...

Wow! thanks for reading! I miss you! Keep me posted with what is going on with you!!