Saturday, June 21, 2008

Over There

At this very moment my beau is far far far away-- much too far for my tastes. He's been away for about three weeks now and it will be about two months before I get to see him. Time is going slow and fast at the same time and part of me wants the time to go slowly so I can get everything ready for the wedding and the other part of me wants the time to have past already so I can hold my darling and he can hold me in return.

There is so much to love about my beau. He's been in what will be our Michigan home for the past week during which time he's cleaned the carpets and the kitchen and tonight he installed under-the-cabinet lighting fixtures. He doesn't care that it's a rental. Every place we've lived he put in lights under the cabinets to better illuminate the counter work space. It's practical, yes, and I love him for it. He makes it easy.

It's apparently very difficult to live in a practically empty house. Since we have a storage unit full of stuff in Logan he is resisting the urge to get those useful things that we already have and only need one of-- like a silverware drawer divider. Tough I know, I never thought about how annoying it would be to live without one and while he packed a small "kitchen survival kit" that wasn't in it. It would be hard living in a house whose furniture consisted of one small table, one chair, and an air mattress-- makes it kind of hard to just "hang out" and this will be for the rest of the summer. Although today he picked up a small free dresser so now he can get his clothes out of the suitcase. I think I would have a tough time of things if it were me over there alone starting a new job and living in an empty house. I hope for his comfort that he finds a suitable futon.


No comments: