Monday, April 27, 2009

Happy Birthday to Dad

Since he has already received (and eaten) his gift I may now post about it. Earlier this month my dad turned 60-- I'm glad he made it thus far! So for this monumental occasion I made him something he's always said he'd want...




Chocolate Chip-less Chocolate Chip Cookies

Yeah, Dad's an odd duck. I remember growing up and my oldest sister, Heather, would make chocolate chip cookies... she liked doing things like that every now and then-- I'm glad she did. And I remember on several occasions as she transferred the freshly baked goodness from the cookie sheets to the over lapping rows of tin foil that covered a portion of the table (in our house, we never made small batches of cookies!) our dad would walk through the kitchen and say something to the effect of: 'It's too bad you had to ruin them by putting those chocolate chips in there.'

Of course that didn't stop him from eating a bunch of them!



Here are the cookies with the card I sent along. On the inside the card read:

The Bad News: we're all headed there eventually

The Good News: you still have a few years until you get there

I'm glad you liked them, Dad, Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

Charleneanne said...

oh my gosh, I prefer my chocolate chip cookies with hardly any in them too. Love your dad Kristen. I used to make a double batch from the bag recipe and then only put in 1/2 bag of mini choc chips. The kids hated that. Probably why Jilly learned to bake so young.