Friday, April 3, 2009

Road Trip! episode 1


I love my sisters (especially when they make funny faces)! So I was very happy to have an adventure with one of them: Jayna! Nothing against Heather and all, she's just far away and didn't fly to Michigan to take a road trip. I love you too Heather so when you come to visit I'll blog about that. And if you get your passport I'll take you to Canada.

Jayna flew in on a Tuesday afternoon and we had an action-packed day and a half while she was in town which was fun and included making a batch of CranApple Butter for her to take with her and her getting a hair cut. After the action-packed day and a half we got in the car and headed for Canada-- which is only about two hours away. I took her to see a friend in Quebec and we planned to stop by Niagara Falls on the way since it was not too great a detour.

We left the house a little after 8 am which is a little later than I was planning but it was good that I got full night's rest since I had a long day of driving ahead.




At out first gas stop I noticed this apartment complex for birds. In this shot alone there is no fewer than eight birds and there were many more flitting about... these were just the ones holding still.

We got to Niagara Falls a little after 1pm. The real Niagara Falls pictures will be in the next post so I will close with pictures of Jayna and I having our lunch in the deserted restaurant. Yeah, it's the off-season.







Yum! At this point of the day I was very much awake and enjoying these tasty vittles.

1 comment:

TheHullFamily said...

I LOVE the first picture on this post.. I seriously think that it needs to be a frig mag!!! It makes me laugh every time I see it!! The one with you eating is funny too!!! I love it thanks for sharing..