Thursday, March 12, 2009

Blog Housekeeping and Thinking Out Loud (sorry)

So I've tidied up the place a little over here so metaphorically speaking it feels less like a dorm room and more like a home. I hope to continue improvements as I think of them and learn more.

Feedback is welcome! please, I'm learning here.

Speaking of learning I found that the blog's name does not have to be the same as the blog's web address. I know this is really basic but I somehow was operating under that false assumption. Now that I know this I am heavily considering a new name for this blog and am currently brainstorming.

Here's the deal: I was planning on opening up an etsy shop and starting a blog (it does seem that every etsyshop owner has a blog doesn't it?) to make it all more fun and to keep far away friends and family updated. I open an etsy account (no shop as of yet) with the name puppetpie, which I thought was cute but not too cute-sie (and I do love pie-- and making pie-- and eating pie) and combined the feeling of the items I would sell-- puppets of course but also some homey decorative things-- but probably not enough homey decorative things to warrent having two shops (but maybe that's the way to go). So I liked 'puppetpie' I still like 'puppetpie' but when I went to set up the blog account 'puppetpie' was taken (by a nice Arizona puppeteer who sells cute felt finger puppets on etsy) so at the time I hastily picked something similar to what I wanted so I could start the blog. But now I'm needing something more original... I hate feeling like a hack.

hmmm....

kdot puppets? ... google tells me kdot more commonly stands for Kansas Department of Transporation. hmm...

I'm wanting to avoid the formulaic "your name" 's + "what you make" although there is a reason why so many people do this. And with the billions of times I've had to verbally spell out 'puppalooza' to people I know that would be a bad choice even though I like the sound of it. And with this puppetpie episode I'm shying away from any puppet"tastey food item" ... it just wouldn't be very satisfying anymore.

Back to the drawing board... and maybe getting some real housekeeping done.

Oh, and if you have a blog and would like it added to my sidebar, please let me know :)

1 comment:

Deb Schwartz said...

Kristen, glad you are doing well and having fun. Some suggestions for your page name, puppetutopia, puppethappy, puppetmania, puppetbonanza, puppetalakristen.
Aunt Deb