Monday, March 23, 2009

Paper and Tape


Friday night I participated in the ward talent show. I dusted off my Paper Puppet Piece and I think it turned out well, it was fun. It's hard to believe that I originally made this puppet ten years ago and have been performing this piece periodically ever since. It changes based on the performance environment (interactive vs. traditional staging) but it seems to go over well which of course makes me happy. Funny how this never prevents me from being nervous beforehand.

There were tons of other fun talents on display! Although I must say that the 'synchronized swimming' act alone was worth the drive hands down. I was not previously aware, but this apparently is not entirely uncommon at ward talent shows. Many versions can be seen on youtube. This one is similar to that our fellas did (although I must say it's much better in person). It was hilarious and beautiful!

No comments: